Welcome to STV Group plc’s information website, www.stvplc.tv (the “website”). STV Group plc is a company registered in Scotland (company number SC203873), with registered office at Pacific Quay, Glasgow, G51 1PQ (“STV Group”). It is the data controller responsible for looking after your personal data in line with data protection and privacy laws.
We are committed to ensuring your privacy and protecting the data we hold about you. This Privacy Notice explains how we do this and describes how and when STV Group collects and processes your personal data.
Please note that we reserve the right to update our Privacy Notice from time to time, so please take a fresh read through every so often. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our website.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 30 August 2022.
1. WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED AND WHEN?
The type of information that may be collected will vary depending on how you interact with us and includes:
Contact Data: Your name, email address and any personal data you provide if you get in touch with us via email, phone or post with any comments or questions.
Technical Data: includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version and device identifiers.
Analytical Data: Information collected from cookies and other tracking methods about how you browse and use the website including, for example, the frequency of your visits, the pages you visit on the website and the referring website address.
Marketing Data: Includes your instructions as to whether or not you wish to receive email marketing from STV Group.
When using our website, certain Technical Data and Analytical Data will automatically be collected by us and our authorised third parties by using cookies. We use first party and third party cookies on our website to improve user experience on our website and to allow us to monitor and enhance the performance of our website.
For more information about the cookies on our website, please read our Cookies Policy available here:
3. WHY WE COLLECT DATA
Data protection and privacy laws permit us to collect and use your personal data on a limited number of grounds. The key grounds upon which we rely are:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we have your consent.
- In order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
In the table below, we have set out a summary of our activities which involve the processing of your personal data and our legal bases for doing so.
|TYPE(S) OF DATA USED
|BASIS OF PROCESSING
To manage our relationship with you which will include, for example: Responding to any of your comments, complaints or queries.
To ensure a greater user experience of our website and to ensure a greater experience of your interactions with STV Group.
If you are a business-to-business contact of ours, to send you email marketing communications about STV Group’s performance, including, for example, reports, results, and the latest news from STV Group.
We will only send email marketing from STV Group to our business-to-business contacts where it is in our legitimate interest to raise awareness of STV Group, promote our initiatives and to seek corporate engagement.
To administer and protect our website (including troubleshooting, testing, system maintenance, monitoring quality and security of service, support and reporting).
To ensure the efficient and successful running of our business, network security, and to help optimise your use of the website and to give you a good user experience.
To improve our website, consumer relationships and experiences.
To help us monitor, support and improve the performance, and your experience, of our website (by analysing your use and experience of our website and identifying any technical issues); to keep our website updated, and relevant and to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy.
4. SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We share your data in the following circumstances:
- With a company within the STV group, where appropriate, to process, manage and respond to an email sent by you or any other communication sent by you to us.
- When we engage data processing companies to act on our behalf from time to time to help manage your data, to provide analysis and to deliver specific functionality. We require those we share it with to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law and our strict instructions.
- Where we are required or permitted to do so by law or to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party or our users.
We do not pass your personal data to any other organisation for any other purpose than as set out in this Privacy Notice.
5. TRANSFER OF DATA OUT OF THE EEA
STV Group does not transfer personal data collected on this site out of the EEA.
STV Group will send you marketing emails where you are a business-to-business contact of ours and where sending you marketing emails is within our legitimate interests to raise awareness of STV Group, promote our initiatives and to seek corporate engagement.
You can opt out of receiving email marketing communications from STV Group at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
To inform and enhance your experience when on the website, we provide a number of links to other organisations’ websites who apply their own privacy policies. Please note that this Privacy Notice will not apply to any such website. We do not control, or have any responsibility for, them.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- Request access to a copy of the personal data we hold about you (commonly known as a “data subject access request”).
- Request correction of any inaccurate personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us in writing. Details can be found below.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
9. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. If you contact us, we will keep a copy of the information you provide to us and our response to you for up to five (5) years, but we will review that data annually.
10. CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our Data Governance Manager at STV Central Limited, Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1PQ or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: 30 August 2022