Hit BBC Two factual entertainment show Celebrity Antiques Road Trip returns next week for its tenth series, and the line-up of stars heading out on the road includes EastEnders icon Danny Dyer, Countdown’s Rachel Riley, supermodel Jerry Hall, and BBC News broadcaster Clive Myrie.
Danny is joined by his daughter, Love Island star Dani Dyer, while Rachel will be competing against her Strictly professional husband Pasha Kovalev, Jerry is accompanied by psychotherapist friend Philippa Perry, and Clive will take on his BBC News colleague Reeta Chakrabarti.
Other pairings set to take part in the 20-episode series include Sky Sports presenters Chris Kamara and Jeff Stelling, broadcaster Eamonn Holmes and actor Victoria Smurfit, 1980s pop royalty Martin and Shirlie Kemp, and dancing brothers AJ and Curtis Pritchard.
Celebrity Antiques Road Trip, which is produced by STV Studios, sees famous faces travelling across the UK alongside some of the country’s finest antiques experts to uncover hidden treasures and compete to make the most money at auction.
Some of the more unusual antiques found in the new series include a special forces sledge from the Second World War, an 18th century plate that spent over 100 years on the seabed, and even an anatomical cross section of an udder.
The experts accompanying the celebrities on their Road Trip adventures this year are Serhat Ahmet, Angus Ashworth, Izzie Balmer, Raj Bisram, James Braxton, Margie Cooper, Charles Hanson, David Harper, Roo Irvine, Irita Marriott, Paul Martin, Tim Medhurst, Steven Moore, Ochuko Ojiri, Natasha Raskin Sharp, Philip Serrell, Catherine Southon and Christina Trevanion.
Celebrity Antiques Road Trip has been a staple of BBC Two’s autumn schedule since 2011. In January 2020, the channel commissioned STV Studios to make a tenth and eleventh series of the show as part of a bumper order which also included four series of sister show Antiques Road Trip.
Rachel Riley said: “Going back to my old stomping ground in Essex, the antiques areas I used to visit with my Grandad, was nostalgic in more ways than one. Pasha and I enjoyed the friendly rivalry doing something out of both of our realms of experience, and we were happily still on good terms afterwards!”
Clive Myrie said: “Antiquing while driving around the beautiful English countryside in a fabulous sports car – what’s not to like? It was such a hoot!
“Us news folks are a competitive bunch, and blimey, you need sharp elbows on this show! We had so much fun out on the road.”
Full celebrity line-up:
- Tuesday 2 November – Philippa Perry and Jerry Hall
- Wednesday 3 November – Clive Myrie and Reeta Chakrabarti
- Thursday 4 November – Eamonn Holmes and Victoria Smurfit
- Tuesday 9 November – Rachel Riley and Pasha Kovalev
- Friday 12 November – Danny Dyer and Dani Dyer
- Later in the series – Chris Kamara and Jeff Stelling; Pauline McLynn and Dom Joly; Robert Daws and Mark Curry; Scarlett Moffatt and Crissy Rock; Zoe Lyons and Noreen Khan; Martin Kemp and Shirlie Kemp; Radzi Chinyanganya and Karim Zeroual; Trisha Goddard and Dr. Amir Khan; Sam Thompson and Pete Wicks; Matthew Allright and Nikki Fox; Edith Bowman and Mark Radcliffe; Lucy Porter and Jenny Fox; Gareth Malone and Yolanda Brown; Rufus Hound and Chris McCausland; AJ Pritchard and Curtis Pritchard.
Celebrity Antiques Road Trip series 10 begins on Tuesday 2 November at 7pm on BBC Two and BBC iPlayer.
Stephen Innes, STV Studios – email@example.com
Programmes Desk, BBC – firstname.lastname@example.org